Saturday, June 30, 2012

9 LB Lake Superior Agate found just before Agate Days in Moose Lake!!

This is just a beautiful, once in a lifetime find for us! We found this huge Laker in our favorite hunting spot in central Minnesota. And, we knew it was big, but as we dug it out of the ground, it turned out to be way bigger than we first thought....a whopping 9 pounds! Agates likes this are extremely rare, the odds of finding something like this are just phenomenal, as only 1 in every 10,000 Lake Superior Agates are even over a pound. The average size of a Lake Superior Agate is the size of a pea, and finding bigger ones, especially ones this big, is so exciting. And while owning this rock is exciting for us, we believe it should be in the hands of a serious collector. The agate is whole, and not broken, showing small areas of fortification banding, moss agate, and quartz. I have included wet and dry photos, and have even more photos on hand for anyone who wants them before buying.To purchase this stone please check my Etsy shop.
Where we found this stone:





And the Agate itself:










Thank you for taking the time to check our Agate, and our shop!!

4 comments:

  1. The state's are worth more dirty than clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I Just found a 9lb Lsa myself. Curious..what did yours sell for.. If sold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a meteorite that I would be interested in trading for the agate I'm a way more attracted to eggettes than meteorites I was offered 7500 for my meteorite but I think it's worth around 10 want to make a deal

    ReplyDelete